Wisler Pearlstine Celebrates 75 Years in Practice
Wisler Pearlstine, LLP is proud to announce that the firm is celebrating its 75th year since its founding on April 2, 1945. As the Second World War was coming to an end, Paul Wisler, Raymond Pearlstine, Leonard Talone, Morris Gerber, and four legal assistants joined forces in Norristown, Montgomery County. Since then, our firm has grown to 38 attorneys and almost 30 staff, with offices in Blue Bell, Montgomery County, and Newtown, Bucks County. Our firm advises and counsels companies and individuals in more than sixteen distinct practice areas. Wisler Pearlstine has been recognized as one of the “Best Law Firms in America” and four of our partners have been listed as “Best Lawyers” by U.S. News and World Report for many years. Numerous attorneys have also been hailed repeatedly as “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars” by Philadelphia Magazine.
While we have expanded the ranks of our professional and support staff substantially since 1945, we remain devoted to the basic, core values of our founders: attention to detail, time sensitivity, and integrity. Our attorneys write, teach, and organize programs for local and statewide business and legal organizations, they serve in leadership positions in legal, charitable, and religious organizations, and they mentor other attorneys. Many of our staff members are leaders in their communities. We care deeply about our profession, our clients, and our communities. We feel particularly privileged to be part of the Montgomery County legal community.
It is in this spirit that the firm marked its 75-year milestone by establishing the Wisler Pearlstine Charitable Fund (“The Fund”). We sincerely hope that The Fund will serve to honor and demonstrate our gratitude to our clients, friends, and staff for their confidence and loyalty over the past 75 years and in the years to come.
The Wisler Pearlstine Charitable Fund
To mark its 75th year in practice, Wisler Pearlstine, LLP established the Wisler Pearlstine Charitable Fund (“The Fund”) with an initial contribution of $75,000 from the firms’ Partners. In 2020, The Fund made grants to the following organizations that provide essential services to individuals and families in the Bucks, Chester, Montgomery, and Philadelphia county communities that our firm serves:
- The Daily Bread Community Food Pantry – Located in Collegeville, Montgomery County, Daily Bread provides food and personal care items to approximately 900 individuals every month.
- Mercy Career and Technical High School – Located on Hunting Park Avenue in Philadelphia, Mercy CTE provides a co-ed, immersive, project-based education to prepare students for immediately entering the work force or continuing their education after graduation. Approximately 92% of Mercy CTE students qualify for some form of scholarship or grant.
- The Montgomery Bar Foundation – Located in Norristown, Montgomery County, the Foundation is the charitable affiliate of the Montgomery Bar Association. It supports legal-related educational, charitable, and humanitarian projects for individuals and families in need.
- A Woman’s Place – Located in Doylestown and Bristol, Bucks County, A Woman’s Place provides shelter, a 24-hour hotline, counseling, support groups, prevention education, and more for victims of domestic violence and their children.
- Friends Association for the Care and Protection of Children – Located in West Chester, Chester County, Friends Association helps homeless or near homeless families stabilize their lives and find or maintain permanent housing.
- The Ambler Area YMCA – Located in Lower Gwynedd, Montgomery County, the “Y” provides programs that nurture children, strengthen families, build communities, and develop healthy minds, bodies, and spirits.
In 2021, The Fund will continue to support organizations that provide important services to the communities that are served by our law firm.
The establishment of The Fund was in addition to, and not in place of, our normal charitable efforts in our community. In 2020, as we do every year, we collected food, personal care supplies, and Christmas toys for the clients of the Daily Bread Community Food Pantry. We continued to support Angel Flight East, a Blue Bell organization that provides free air transportation to individuals with medical conditions who need to get treatment far from home. Mindful of the importance of nurturing the next generations, the firm continues to support the scout troops, sports organizations, and service clubs of our children and grandchildren. In addition to these efforts, many of our attorneys and staff serve as committed volunteers, directors, officers, and board members for over 40 charitable and other nonprofit organizations in their own communities.
The Fund will continue to make grants to organizations in the communities that we serve. We hope and trust that our camaraderie, good will, and warm friendships with one another will continue to carry us forward. By virtue of additional commitments from the partnership, as well as private donations from individual partners, clients, and friends, we have already seen almost $45,000 added to The Fund for our larger charitable efforts in 2021 and the years ahead.