The Family Law practice is handled by Amy P. De Shong, who has practiced family and matrimonial law exclusively for 30 years. Ms. De Shong is one of the area’s leading family law attorneys. She has been a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers since 2003 and has been recognized in “Best Lawyers in America” by U.S. News and World Report since 2012. Ms. De Shong has been named to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers List since 2008.
The Family Law practice assists individuals with:
- Equitable distribution of property (including business entities, real estate, and retirement assets)
- Child custody
- Child and spousal support
- Preparation, review, and negotiation of prenuptial, postnuptial, cohabitation, and property settlement agreements.
Ms. De Shong also provides consultation for clients experiencing domestic problems, who wish to be thoroughly informed about their legal rights and options without being pressured toward divorce.
Working closely with the firm’s estate planning, business, and tax attorneys, Ms. De Shong offers counseling to clients regarding the family law implications of building wealth and passing it on to the next generation. She supports her colleagues with regard to the family law implications of their clients’ needs.
Each client’s goals are paramount. Ms. De Shong is an experienced and tenacious trial lawyer, but she recognizes that negotiation and conflict resolution are equally important to bringing about a successful outcome for her clients. While clients want a strong advocate who can help them attain their goals, a financially and emotionally draining result is not in anyone’s best interests.
Other Areas of Practice
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Business, Corporate, and Tax
- Commercial Litigation
- Condominium and Community Associations
- Construction Litigation
- Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Education Law
- Employment and Labor
- Employment Litigation
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Family Law