Based on decades of experience, the GCI has identified certain time-tested, vetted approaches to some of the most fundamental issues faced by midsized businesses. We have organized that work product into a battery of structured GCI Solutions we can use to more quickly and efficiently solve client problems — we use the work we have done in the past to facilitate the work we will do in the future.
While each business problem is unique, there are certain business problems that will benefit by a standardized approach that can be adjusted to the nuances of the situation, in the same way that certain illnesses require standardized treatments that are coupled with individualized therapies. This approach — the GCI Solutions — maximizes efficiencies while taking advantages of our accumulated knowledge and experience base. Some of the most effective GCI Solutions include the following.
The Cybersecurity Solution
Through an alliance with one of the area’s leading cybersecurity firms, the GCI provides a solution that picks up where most IT firms leave off, and integrates the two key elements of cybersecurity protection: technical expertise and legal expertise.
- Penetration and vulnerability testing
- Protection against data breaches, ransom attacks, and “spoofing” attacks
- Regulatory compliance
- Contract and insurance risk-management analysis
The Exit Strategy Solution
Thinking about selling your business? The GCI has assembled a team that can analyze your decision-making, assess the market, maximize value, and close the deal.
- Our multidisciplinary team can address the key questions: Hold or sell? Now or later? Is your valuation realistic? Are there other alternatives?
- Pre-sale preparation: Making sure your business checks the boxes buyers require
- Making it happen: Finding the buyer and structuring the transaction
- What now? Estate, tax, and financial planning
The Key Employee Retention Solution
The easiest way for a competitor to take your customers and know-how is for a competitor to take the key employees who control and manage your customers and know-how. The GCI can minimize those risks.
- We utilize enforceable and practical non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
- We understand the confidentiality and trade secret strategies that can protect your “secret sauce”
- We know how to create incentives to stay: deferred compensation, options, phantom stock, profit sharing, and other “golden handcuff” strategies
- We can assist with employee engagement and compensation strategies
The Business Expansion Solution
Do you see an opportunity to grow, but need some help in figuring out how to make it happen? The GCI helps companies grow efficiently, intelligently, and strategically.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Facility, equipment, and product line expansion
- Raising money – dealing with investors
- Raising money – dealing with lenders
- Adding partners / shareholders
- Risk management
The Employment Law Compliance Solution
Employment law is counterintuitive and convoluted, and it can differ at federal, state, and local levels. We analyze vulnerabilities and provide workable solutions to the most dangerous employment law concerns.
- Sexual harassment, discrimination, and retaliation
- ADA and FMLA
- Exempt / non-exempt / overtime payment issues
- Pay equity
- Independent contractors / joint employees
- Employee evaluations and documentation best practices
The Contract Drafting/Risk Management Solution
A well-drafted contract can be the difference between profit and loss, liability and non-liability, and success and failure. We know what works and we use litigation-tested provisions that minimize risks and maximize opportunities.
- “Battle of the forms” provisions between sellers and buyers
- Liability and damage limitation clauses
- Indemnity provisions
- Intellectual property protection provisions
- Scope of services provisions